- About Us
Precision downmix and surround re-balancing. Produce better downmixes and enhance the downmix compatibility of your surround mixes.
Precise surround control, versatile downmix balancing and mix monitoring for accelerating and enhancing your surround productivity. Halo Downmix is the glue that brings your workflow together, allowing you to deliver in surround and stereo with ease and without compromise.
- Standard and custom surround to stereo downmixing
- Surround re-balancing
- Simultaneous surround/stereo workflow
- Immediate and versatile surround/downmix monitoring
- Downmix rescue
- Surround restoration
Halo Downmix provides a highly creative solution for precise downmixing of feature-film or 5.1 mixes to stereo. Intuitive, visual controls for relative levels, timing, and direct vs. ambient sound balance allow uprecedented fine-tuning, delivering accurate downmixes that are no longer limited by typical in-the-box coefficients-based processes.
A standard downmix is usually generated by simply mixing together the surround output according to standard downmix coefficients, however, this can often lead to unsatisfactory results, particularly if legacy upmix practices have been used to generate the original surround mix. Halo Downmix can be quickly employed to mitigate these issues eg. controlling excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation, or removal of delay artefacts introduced in the rear channels.
Halo Downmix can be quickly deployed to produce a more controlled, coherent stereo mix.
Typical applications include:
• Stereo Mix production for Television within a Surround workflow.
• Rapidly producing a controlled, precise stereo downmix of a 7.1 feature film.
• Generating a stereo mix from surround where no stereo recording exists.
• Producing stereo interim listening mixes in a surround workflow.
Fine Tune Existing Surround material
Adjust existing 5.1 or 7.1 mixes in surround-to-surround mode. Levels of individual channels, and balance of direct vs. diffuse sound can be adjusted to fine tune or re-balance existing surround audio where access to the original mix is not possible.
Parallel Surround/Stereo Downmix workflow
Halo Downmix can also be used in conjunction with the included Receive plug-in to enable a parallel surround/stereo workflow.
This workflow allows for rapid A/B listening checks between surround and stereo downmix.
• Optimising a surround mix for better stereo downmix (standard coefficients)
• Harmonising surround and stereo experiences, delivering a separate downmix
• Harmonising surround and stereo to produce a modified surround mix and stereo downmix
Click here to download product manual
Flexible, intuitive interface
- 7.1 and 5.1 modes
- Advance and compact modes
- Quick select 'in-place' monitoring of stereo and surround
- Quick linked solo and mute at every stage
- Ambient vs direct sound balance
- Automatic rear channel delay detection
- Surround input width control
- Rear channel shelf filters
- Downmix Low Frequency handling
- Highly customisable interface
- Full input and output level metering
- Direct numerical entry of all gain offsets
- Adjustable meter colour splits
- Surround energy distribution visualisation
Click here to download product manual
ProTools Expert take a look at Halo Downmix
Mike Thornton or Protools Expert takes us through the features and applications of Halo Downmix
Halo Downmix User Interface 1
Halo Downmix | 7.1 Advanced user interface
Halo Downmix User Interface 2
Halo Downmix | 7.1 Compact user interface
Halo Downmix User Interface 3
Halo Downmix | 5.1 Advanced user interface
Halo Downmix User Interface 4
Halo Downmix | 5.1 Compact user interface
Halo Downmix is available as AAX (64-bit only), VST, VST3, AU and AudioSuite in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions.
Minimum System Specification
Mac OSX 10.7.x, 512 MB RAM
Windows (64 bit) Vista or above, 512 MB RAM
Surround capable DAW/NLE.
Site is NUGEN Audio's server-based seat licensing solution for enterprise clients with 10 seats or more. Featuring cutting-edge, dependable server-based seat licensing technology, Site streamlines and centralizes the license management process for enterprise clients who manage many licenses across a network. More...
Mix & Mastering